[FLASH-USERS] Bugs fixed for python scripts

pchang pchang at lle.rochester.edu
Mon Apr 27 14:49:55 EDT 2015

Hi all,
I am running Flash for HEDP. I used some of the scripts coming with
Flash code, such as "extract_rays.py" or "convertspect3d", for post
processing the flash output. When I ran these two scripts, I always had
an error in the following line
wl = t.getWhereList("name == n") .
I believe several users had encountered the similar issues. After doing
some search online, I found that's the problem for different version of
PyTables. I think the scripts used PyTables 2.x or older. For people who
use PyTables 3.x, you need to change the function name "getWhereList" to
"get_where_list" (ref: http://www.pytables.org/MIGRATING_TO_3.x.html ).
For example, please change the previous line to :
wl = t.get_where_list("name == n") .
It should work.
In "extract_rays.py", it is more straightforward. Just find those lines
and change them. For "convertspect3d", you don't need to change anything
in it, but you need to find the file "FlashFile.py" and make the same
changes.

Cheers,

Po-Yu

--
Po-Yu Chang

Postdoctoral Associate
Department of Mechanical Engineering,
Fusion Science Center for Extreme States of Matter,
Laboratory for Laser Energetics
University of Rochester
250 East River Road
Rochester, New York 14623