[FLASH-USERS] Wrong sum of fraction in ionization unit

Suoqing Ji suoqing at physics.ucsb.edu
Mon Aug 3 06:07:25 EDT 2015

Hi,

I’m simulating low density plasma (~1.e-4 cm^-3 in number density) with non-equilibrium ionization. The simulation lasts for ~10 timesteps and then aborts with the following epsilon check error:

---------------------------------------
 Element I.D.:           10  elsum =  0.99976923704261000
 error in routine neimn: wrong sum of population fraction
 DRIVER_ABORT: error in routine neimn: wrong sum of pop. fraction

 Element I.D.:           10  elsum =  0.99976923704261000
 error in routine neimn: wrong sum of population fraction
 DRIVER_ABORT: error in routine neimn: wrong sum of pop. fraction

I keep all the parameters in ionization unit as default ones except dneimin = 1.e-6.

Is there a way to fix or circumvent this issue? Say, will it be appropriate to renormalize the fraction in someway?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Best wishes,
--
Suoqing JI