[FLASH-USERS] No Default nDim setting?

Ryan Farber rjfarber at umich.edu
Wed Aug 26 17:27:22 EDT 2015

I think I've found a bug but I'd like to see if someone else
can reproduce it (or if it is actually intended behavior).

I have a Config file in
"FLASH*/source/physics/Hydro/HydroMain/unsplit/MHD_StaggeredMesh_CosmicRays"
which calls SETUPERROR if nDim == 1

IF nDim == 1

  SETUPERROR This unit is presently incompatible with 1D because it
requires a magnetic field to determine diffusivity direction.

ENDIF

When I try to setup a problem that uses this Config file via

./setup magnetoHD/CosRay -auto

it fails, complaining that nDim is not set.

If I include "-3d" in the ./setup command then setup succeeds.

In the User's Guide
<http://flash.uchicago.edu/site/flashcode/user_support/flash4_ug_4p3.pdf>,
p. 44 (explaining -[123]d option) it says that

By default, setup creates a makefile which produces a FLASH executable
capable of solving two-dimensional problems (equivalent to -2d).

So I would think nDim should default to 2 rather than be unset.

Can anyone reproduce this or explain why it may be intentional?

Best,

Ryan