[FLASH-USERS] changing maxblocks

Slavin, Jonathan jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu
Fri Aug 28 11:07:37 EDT 2015

Hi,

I'm pretty new to using FLASH.  I've run some simulations that started with
the sedov setup, though I've modified the Simulation_initBlock.F90 and a
few other files.  I ran into, what appears to be, a common problem, which
is an MPI_Abort caused by a PARAMESH ERROR with the message (in amr.log): New
block location exceeds MAXBLOCKS limit
 Suggestion: increase MAXBLOCKS or modify refinement criteria.

My question is, if I just want to increase MAXBLOCKS, can I do that without
running setup again?  If so, how?  I'll note that I've been using flmake,
which allows for use of a different directory other than "object".  Thanks
in advance for any help.

Regards,
Jon

Jonathan D. Slavin                 Harvard-Smithsonian CfA
jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu       60 Garden Street, MS 83
phone: (617) 496-7981       Cambridge, MA 02138-1516
cell: (781) 363-0035             USA