[FLASH-USERS] Periodic boundary conditions for diffusion/conduction

Evan Scannapieco evan.scannapieco at asu.edu
Fri Aug 28 19:30:40 EDT 2015

I am wondering if anyone has had success implementing conduction with the unsplit solver with periodic boundary conditions.

HYPRE/Grid_advanceDiffusion says only OUTFLOW, VACUUM, and DIRICHLET are supported, but I would think that, at least in principle, periodics would be easy as there is nothing special to do on boundaries of the box, just treat them the same as other block boundary.  I would appreciate input from anyone who has tried this.

Thanks,

Evan Scannapieco