[FLASH-USERS] Issue running MHD test problems

Michael Schlenker mjs538 at drexel.edu
Thu Jan 8 15:45:39 EST 2015

 Hi everyone,

I've been trying to familiarize myself with the 8wave MHD solver but keep running into an unexpected issue. I setup the BrioWu test problem with the command

./setup magnetoHD/BrioWu -auto -1d +8wave

then made and ran the simulation. This gives me the following output (I've included it all for completeness but the anomaly is at the very end):

 RuntimeParameters_read: ignoring unknown parameter "order"...
 RuntimeParameters_read: ignoring unknown parameter "slopeLimiter"...
 RuntimeParameters_read: ignoring unknown parameter "LimitedSlopeBeta"...
 RuntimeParameters_read: ignoring unknown parameter "charLimiting"...
 RuntimeParameters_read: ignoring unknown parameter "use_avisc"...
 RuntimeParameters_read: ignoring unknown parameter "cvisc"...
 RuntimeParameters_read: ignoring unknown parameter "use_flattening"...
 RuntimeParameters_read: ignoring unknown parameter "use_upwindTVD"...
 RuntimeParameters_read: ignoring unknown parameter "RiemannSolver"...
 RuntimeParameters_read: ignoring unknown parameter "entropy"...
 MaterialProperties initialized
 Cosmology initialized
 Source terms initialized
 iteration, no. not moved = 0 0
 refined: total leaf blocks = 1
 refined: total blocks = 1
 INFO: Grid_fillGuardCells is ignoring masking.
 iteration, no. not moved = 0 0
 refined: total leaf blocks = 2
 refined: total blocks = 3
 iteration, no. not moved = 0 0
 refined: total leaf blocks = 4
 refined: total blocks = 7
 iteration, no. not moved = 0 0
 refined: total leaf blocks = 6
 refined: total blocks = 11
 iteration, no. not moved = 0 0
 refined: total leaf blocks = 8
 refined: total blocks = 15
 iteration, no. not moved = 0 1
 iteration, no. not moved = 1 0
 refined: total leaf blocks = 10
 refined: total blocks = 19
 Finished with Grid_initDomain, no restart
 Ready to call Hydro_init
 Hydro initialized
 Gravity initialized
 Initial dt verified
 *** Wrote checkpoint file to bw_1d_hdf5_chk_0000 ****
 *** Wrote plotfile to bw_1d_hdf5_plt_cnt_0000 ****
 Initial plotfile written
 Driver init all done
 abar = 5 6
 abar = 5 6
 eosData(abar+ilo:abar+ihi) = 1.0000000000000000
 eosData(abar+ilo:abar+ihi) = 1.0000000000000000

I'm given the initial condition of the simulation but nothing else. This output also occurs when I try to run any of the other MHD test problems.

If anyone has any insight into what is causing this, please let me know. I've attached the BrioWu flash.par file for convenience.

Best,

Mike