[FLASH-USERS] No supportWENO flag?

Sean Couch smc at flash.uchicago.edu
Mon Mar 2 13:25:52 EST 2015

Hi James,

Yes, +supportWENO has been deprecated as additional guardcells (beyond 4) are not necessary for 5th-order WENO.  Use of WENO (order=5) with the unsplit solvers should be available now without this additional shortcut.

Yes, upwind PPM slope limiters still require 6 guardcells and, hence, the +supportPPMUpwind flag in the setup line.

Documentation is always slow to catch up with the actual code ;-)

Sean

Sean M. Couch
Theoretical Astrophysics Including Relativity
California Institute of Technology
Mail Code 350-17
Pasadena, CA  91125
(626) 395-4282