[FLASH-USERS] Spherical Coordinates Speed up

niloofar afsari nlr_afsari at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 8 21:10:05 EDT 2015

Hi Flash users,
I'm running a 2d Sedov explosion (I've changed it to be compatible with spherical coordinates) simulation in a spherical coordinates on a uniform grid: ./setup Sedov -auto +ug +parallelIO -2d -nxb=1024 -nyb=1024
In flash.par, I've set the "useCollectiveHDF5" to true.
So far, I've changed nxb=nyb in the range [128, 2048] and iProcs=jProcs in the range [1,3].
I've never seen any speed-up when running my simulation with -np higher than 1. I'm wondering if this is expected or I'm missing an important speed-up flash/option.
Thank you for your help!
Nilou