[FLASH-USERS] Continuing to evolve particles that leave the domain

James Guillochon jfg at ucolick.org
Fri Mar 27 16:48:23 EDT 2015

Hi all, I'm using active particles in my calculation, and I would like to
continue to evolve the particle trajectories even once the particles have
left the domain. I see that particles that leave the domain can be saved
after they leave by enabling a flag, but it appears that their evolution at
this point is frozen. It looks like a few relatively simple changes in
Particles_advance may be able to continue their evolution, but I wasn't
sure if evolving these particles would cause issues.

Has anyone tried to do something like this before?

Cheers,
- James

--
James Guillochon
Einstein Fellow at the Harvard-Smithsonian CfA
jguillochon at cfa.harvard.edu