[FLASH-USERS] value of Ye for single species runs

Slavin, Jonathan jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu
Fri Oct 2 15:32:18 EDT 2015

Hi,

I have been doing runs trying to simulate the evaporation of interstellar
clouds via thermal conduction.  The runs have been working but the clouds
are evaporating a bit faster than I expected.  This led me to look into the
implementation of flux limitation.  Looking at diff_advanceTherm there is a
call to Eos_getAbarZbar, which returns the value of Ye, but it's unclear
what value will be returned for a single species run.  I have been setting
eos_singleSpeciesA and that seems to work as expected.  I know in
multispecies runs Ye = zbar/abar, so I wonder if its 1/abar.  Can anyone
help me out on this?

Regards,
Jon

Jonathan D. Slavin                 Harvard-Smithsonian CfA
jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu       60 Garden Street, MS 83
phone: (617) 496-7981       Cambridge, MA 02138-1516
cell: (781) 363-0035             USA