[FLASH-USERS] error in xflash3.0

John ZuHone jzuhone at space.mit.edu
Tue Oct 13 17:56:53 EDT 2015

Hi Jie,

I’ll second what Suoqing said about yt, but as far as your specific issue, it looks like the real issue is that you do not have an X server running that xflash can connect to.

It also appears you are running on Windows—I can’t vouch for whether or not the FLASH IDL routines will work correctly on Windows. A good X server for Windows is Xming:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xming/ <http://sourceforge.net/projects/xming/>

yt is a far better approach to visualizing FLASH data than fidlr, which is very outdated. If you want a good introduction to plotting with the yt project, I’d check out this page:

http://yt-project.org/doc/visualizing/plots.html <http://yt-project.org/doc/visualizing/plots.html>

Please do not hesitate to ask us for more help on these matters.

Best,

John