[FLASH-USERS] using gr_lrefineMaxRedRadiusFact

Salvatore Cielo cielo at mpia.de
Wed Oct 14 11:48:02 EDT 2015

Hello all,

I am trying to set up some simulation (in FLASH 4.2.2) with a higher zoom
level in the central region
(refinement 3 or 4 levels higher than the rest of the box).
I would like to keep the AMR structure also in that region, so I though the
simplest way would be to use the runtime parameter
gr_lrefineMaxRedRadiusFact (and the others:  gr_lrefineMaxRedDoByLogR and
x[yz]_refine_center).

But I can't really figure out how it is supposed to work exactly: how does
it affect the maximum local refinement level?
The description is not really clear... does the level drop repeatedly by
one over the value I assign to it?
>From my early tests it doesn't seem to be so...

Does anybody have experience with that?

Thank you!