[FLASH-USERS] changing maxblocks

Scott Feister sfeister at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 16:22:04 EDT 2015

Hi Jon, Roman, and the greater community,

Does anybody know the full sequence of steps for getting flmake working on
a fresh installation? The "cd tools; python setup.py install --python" step
from the webpage does not seem to suffice in getting it up and running on
my machine. The setup instructions for FLASH were *very *good and I got
FLASH working in "no time", but I cannot get flmake to run at all for the
life of me. Are there more detailed setup instructions somewhere that I am
missing?

My impression from talking with people and looking at old user forum
discussions is that flmake development is basically on hold, but that it
still should work (and could be very useful) with the right setup in FLASH
4.3. In any case, given the support status it would probably be helpful to
temper this line in the manual
<http://flash.uchicago.edu/site/flashcode/user_support/tools4b/usersguide/flmake/index.html>:
"It is highly recommended that both novice and advanced users adopt flmake
as it enables reproducible research while simultaneously making FLASH
easier to use." Kind of confusing for a new user!

Best,

Scott (Ohio State)