[FLASH-USERS] confusion regarding abar and zbar

Jonathan Slavin jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Sep 16 11:52:48 EDT 2015

​Hi Dean,

But if you look in section 15.4.1 it states something different:
"​This EOS can include contributions from radiation, partially or
completely ionized nuclei, and electrons. The desired (constant) ionization
level $ {\bar Z}$ of the nuclei should be specified with the
eos_singleSpeciesZ runtime parameter."

Jon

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 11:30 AM, Dean Townsley <Dean.M.Townsley at ua.edu>
wrote:

> Hi Johnathan,
>
> The gamma-law EOS is just a simple ideal gas as described in section 15.2
> of the user's guide:
>
> http://flash.uchicago.edu/site/flashcode/user_support/flash4_ug_4p3/node22.html#SECTION06320000000000000000
>
> As you can see from the expressions there, zbar is not used at all.  You
> should set abar so that these expressions give what you expect.  This is
> what John Zuhone and Tomek I believe are suggesting.
>
> Hopefully that helps clarify,
> Dean

Jonathan D. Slavin                 Harvard-Smithsonian CfA
jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu       60 Garden Street, MS 83
phone: (617) 496-7981       Cambridge, MA 02138-1516
cell: (781) 363-0035             USA