[FLASH-USERS] beam target out of domain problem

李芳 ihsbabc at 126.com
Mon Apr 11 07:46:33 EDT 2016

Dear All,
In the LaserSlab 3D example, I'm trying to set up the laser beams at some angle (based on the example3d.par). However, the following parameters generated the beam target outof domain error:
ed_lensX_1 = -0.05
ed_lensY_1 = -0.1
ed_lensZ_1 = 0.0
ed_targetX_1 = 100.0e-04
ed_targetY_1 = 20.0e-04
ed_targetZ_1 = 0.0
ed_targetSemiAxisMajor_1 =4.0e-03
sim_targetRadius = 800.0e-04
sim_targetHeight = 40.0e-04
sim_vacuumHeight = 20.0e-04
xmin = -400.0e-04
xmax= 400.0e-04
ymin = 0.0e-04
ymax = 60.0e-04
zmin = -100.0e-04
zmax = 100.0e-04
when I reduced the ed_targetX_1 to  10.0e-04, the error was disappeared. But I can't understand why the present parameters generate the above error, as I have set up a large value for the X-dims? I think there are some misunderstandings for me to these parameters. thanks in advance for any help!

Best wishes,
Fang Li
The institute of Physics, Chinese academy of sciences