[FLASH-USERS] Transmitting guard cell information to the surrounding blocks

Joshua Wall joshua.e.wall at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 13:08:20 EDT 2016

Dear Flash Users,

    I am hoping to add some energy and momentum to the grid in a small
region (~3^3 cells) for a simulation that has NGUARD=4 (so that the width
of the injection is always smaller than NGUARD). I know I could check for
the processor and block for every cell I'm adding to and do it cell by
cell, but its seems simpler to find the block the injection is centered at
and then place the additional energy in the surrounding cells (including
guard cells) and then use the code to transmit the information to the
surrounding blocks if guard cell information got changed.

   I've been poking around in GridMain, but I haven't found a routine that
seems to do this yet, though I suspect such a machine exists. Is anyone
familiar with a subroutine (or a combination of them) which can accomplish
this?

Cordially,

Josh
--