[FLASH-USERS] examples of inputing an initial model?

Robert Fisher rfisher1 at umassd.edu
Wed Dec 7 19:16:10 EST 2016

Hi Eddie :

   It's possible to interpolate the particles into 3D and then
angle-average over azimuthal angle to get your desired r-z 2.5D mesh.
However, in a paper I wrote with my students and colleagues, we developed
an elegant way to interpolate directly into 2D axisymmetry. The method is
described in an appendix. I am going to quote myself here :

"However, a more elegant and efficient method, which we adopt, is to break
up the angle-dependent quantities, which involve only the smoothing kernel,
from the particle data. This reduces the angle-averaging procedure to
simple quadrature, with the weights written as integrals to be
pre-tabulated once. The averaged quantities are then rapidly and
efficiently calculated by weighting the particle data at each point on the
r-z mesh over lookups of the pre-tabulated weights."

The paper is

http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/0004-637X/773/2/136/meta#apj478831app1

You can also write to me offline and we can share the relevant source code.

  Best wishes,

  Bob

--
Dr. Robert Fisher
Associate Professor / Graduate Program Director
robert.fisher at umassd.edu
http://www.novastella.org