[FLASH-USERS] Grid_putPointData vs. Grid_getBlkPtr

Slavin, Jonathan jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Dec 14 09:59:02 EST 2016

Hi all,

I'm wondering what the effective difference is for initiating a simulation
between 1) using Grid_putPointData and 2) using assignment to the elements
of solnData (where solnData is returned by Grid_getBlkPtr).  In the default
supplied Simulation_initBlock for the Sedov simulation, the latter is used
if FL_NON_PERMANENT_GUARDCELLS is defined and the former is used
otherwise.  In the Simulation_initBlock for the BlastBS simulation, there
is no test whether FL_NON_PERMANENT_GUARDCELLS is defined and method 2 is
used, despite the fact that (as far as I can tell) that symbol is not
defined.  Any help on this would be appreciated.  Also it'd be helpful if
someone could tell me under what circumstances FL_NON_PERMANENT_GUARDCELLS
gets defined.

Regards,
Jon

Jonathan D. Slavin                 Harvard-Smithsonian CfA
jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu       60 Garden Street, MS 83
phone: (617) 496-7981       Cambridge, MA 02138-1516
cell: (781) 363-0035             USA