[FLASH-USERS] Magnetic fields solver

Seyit Hocuk seyit at mpe.mpg.de
Tue Feb 2 08:03:16 EST 2016

Dear Community,

Coming from a PPM solver, I want to include magnetic fields in my
simulations. I believe there are two solvers available 8-Wave (split,
old), and USM (unsplit, newer). Which of these solvers is more
recommended? Please consider the split solver I am using currently,
which I trust and have good experiences with.

I would, of course, like the easiest transition possible. In this light,
would just changing to the new solver and defining the magnetic field
variables (magx,magy,magz,magp,divb), be sufficient?

I apologize for the simplicity of these basic questions. I have used the
USM solver in the past, but that was a few versions ago. I am currently
using FLASH 4.0-beta. Anything you guys can tell me will be useful.
Thanks in advance.

Best wishes,
Seyit

--