[FLASH-USERS] PFFT Usage Independent of Poisson Solver

Jason Galyardt jason.galyardt at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 15:20:01 EST 2016

Dear FLASH Users,

Does anyone know of a convenient way to use the PFFT utility independent of
a Poisson solver? I would like to use it to set up a Gaussian random
density field in the initial condition similar to what one might do for a
cosmological simulation (but without the actual Cosmology unit).

Looking at the FLASH 4.3 code, it seems like this is *almost* possible. The
Config file in Grid/GridSolvers/Pfft/ specifies a default Poisson solver
(DirectSolver) such that if I include the Grid/GridSolvers/Pfft unit in my
simulation, I'm forced to include a Pfft-based Poisson solver. This is
actually a problem, since I would much prefer to use the BHTree Poisson
solver that I've been using for awhile.

(Developers: it might make sense to move the Pfft implementation out of the
Grid unit, perhaps to numericalTools.)

Regards,
Jason

----