[FLASH-USERS] Help for running for the first time FLASH 4.3

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Tue Jan 12 12:38:04 EST 2016

On Tue, 12 Jan 2016, Ludmila María Rechiman wrote:

> >From previous questions made in the forum I verify if the hdf5 installation
> was correct. I run the make test in the hdf5 folder and it works fine. I
> also tried to run the serial program ./flash4 and the output is :
>
> ./flash4: error while loading shared libraries: libhdf5.so.10: cannot open

You are right to make the serial case work first, before proceeding to the
multi-process case with mpirun.

> I attach the Makefile.h . I set the PATHS for the HFD5 and MPI in the
> correct manner I think.
>
> I run out of ideas at the moment to solve this problem. I will be glad if
> someone could give me a hand.

There are many possible reasone why this may not work on your system,
including potentially multiple versions of some libraries like MPI, HDF5.

Does the file "libhdf5.so.10" actually exist in your directory
/home/ludmila/hdf5-install/lib ?

If yes, setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable to include
"/home/ludmila/hdf5-install/lib" *may* be all that is needed to make
./flash4 start up.