[FLASH-USERS] ask for some help

Ludmila María Rechiman ludmilarechiman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 16:02:14 EST 2016

Dear community of flash users,
                                              i am new using FLASH. I have
install all the requirements and I was able to run succesfully the Sedov
problem and the WindTunnel problem in serial and in parallel and varying
some parameters. The thing is that I also install visit 2.10, and it seems
to work but the plugin dedicated to read the FLASH data it was not
installed, then I can not visualize any data.

I have made the following steps:

1) I have run the script build_visit.sh that I download from (
http://portal.nersc.gov/project/visit/releases/2.10.0/build_visit2_10_0).

2)In the folder /home/ludmila/visit/visit2.10.0/src  I have run : make all
. I attach the log file

3) then in the folder I run :
/home/ludmila/visit/visit2.10.0/src/bin/./visit -assume_format FLASH

4)The visit Gui interface open but when I open the results of my simulation
I get the following error (I attach the .png of the screen):

VisIt could not read from the file
"/home/ludmila/FLASH4.3/object/sedov_hdf5_chk_* database".

The generated error message was:

There was an error opening /home/ludmila/FLASH4.3/object/sedov_hdf5_chk_*
database. It may be an invalid file.

VisIt tried using the following file format readers to open the file: <No
suitable plugins were identified>

5) I thoght that if I run:
/home/ludmila/visit/visit2.10.0/src/databases/cmake .

it will compile all the plugins including the FLASH, but I get the
following error:

see the last .png

I have been trying several ideas but no one seem to work. I would like to
ask you if some have some idea of what am I doing wrong of if I am missing
some thing.

Thank you for your time

--
ludmila