[FLASH-USERS] ask for some help

Slavin, Jonathan jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Mar 2 16:24:27 EST 2016

​Hi Ludmila,

I have found that if I just start visit without any parameters and then
open my FLASH generated plot or checkpoint file without specifying the file
type, I get errors.  However, if I select the file I want to open and then
choose FLASH from the filetype list (open file as type), it works.​  Have
you tried that?

Regards,
Jon

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 4:02 PM, <flash-users-request at flash.uchicago.edu>
wrote:

> From: "Ludmila María Rechiman" <ludmilarechiman at gmail.com>
> To: flash-users at flash.uchicago.edu
> Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 18:02:14 -0300
> Subject: [FLASH-USERS] ask for some help
> Dear community of flash users,
>                                               i am new using FLASH. I have
> install all the requirements and I was able to run succesfully the Sedov
> problem and the WindTunnel problem in serial and in parallel and varying
> some parameters. The thing is that I also install visit 2.10, and it seems
> to work but the plugin dedicated to read the FLASH data it was not
> installed, then I can not visualize any data.
>
> I have made the following steps:
>
> 1) I have run the script build_visit.sh that I download from (
> http://portal.nersc.gov/project/visit/releases/2.10.0/build_visit2_10_0).
>
> 2)In the folder /home/ludmila/visit/visit2.10.0/src  I have run : make all
> . I attach the log file
>
> 3) then in the folder I run :
> /home/ludmila/visit/visit2.10.0/src/bin/./visit -assume_format FLASH
>
> 4)The visit Gui interface open but when I open the results of my
> simulation I get the following error (I attach the .png of the screen):
>
> VisIt could not read from the file
> "/home/ludmila/FLASH4.3/object/sedov_hdf5_chk_* database".
>

> The generated error message was:
>

> There was an error opening /home/ludmila/FLASH4.3/object/sedov_hdf5_chk_*
> database. It may be an invalid file.
>
> VisIt tried using the following file format readers to open the file: <No
> suitable plugins were identified>
>

> 5) I thoght that if I run:
> /home/ludmila/visit/visit2.10.0/src/databases/cmake .
>

> it will compile all the plugins including the FLASH, but I get the
> following error:
>

> see the last .png
>
> I have been trying several ideas but no one seem to work. I would like to
> ask you if some have some idea of what am I doing wrong of if I am missing
> some thing.
>
> Thank you for your time
>

> --
> ludmila

Jonathan D. Slavin                 Harvard-Smithsonian CfA
jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu       60 Garden Street, MS 83
phone: (617) 496-7981       Cambridge, MA 02138-1516
cell: (781) 363-0035             USA