[FLASH-USERS] 2D Spherical Coords + Multi-Group Radiation Diffusion

Jeremy Melvin jamelvin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 15:21:41 EST 2016

Hello All,

I am trying to run a 2D Rad-Hydro simulation in spherical coordinates
(r-theta) using Multigroup Radiation Diffusion (MGD).

However, it seems to me that the Diffusion solvers in
physics/Diffuse/DiffuseMain/ and their corresponding calls to the
GridSolvers don't support 2D spherical geometry?  Is this correct or
am I misunderstanding the proper way to run 2D spherical simulations
with MGD?

Does anyone have any experience running 2D spherical simulations using
an implicit solver for diffusion in FLASH?

If anyone has any advice or recommendations, I would appreciate it.
Thanks a lot!

Jeremy