[FLASH-USERS] Flash 4.4 OPAL opacity

Amit Kashi kashi at physics.umn.edu
Wed Nov 30 03:14:32 EST 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to use the new OPAL opacity option, but I'm having trouble
getting FLASH to load the tables properly.

I ran it in a debug mode and got this:

 [op_getOpalTableOpacity] i,j,k,l=           1           1          46
     46
 op_getOpalTableOpacity: mfH,temprange are           2           1  ,ok
 op_getOpalTableOpacity: thisTypeTable%table ok
 op_getOpalTableOpacity: thisTypeTable%table%table ok
 speciesDensity{,RO}=   2.5434026735557760E-014  -13.594584876529337
-8.0000000000000000        1.0000000000000000
 nstepsDensity=          46 F T F
 SHAPE(thisTypeTable%table%table)=          75          46

The code reads the files but doesn't write anything to
opacity_printout_tables.txt

I dug in the files and made many attempts to make it work but so far I've
been unsuccessful.

There is almost no documentation or a test problem available. The README
file is very short and only lists some runtime parameters that need to be
set. But I think much more needs to be done to get it to work.

If there's any draft of the documentation, and/or if anyone made it work
and can throw some tips it would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Amit Kashi