[FLASH-USERS] Optically Thin Cooling

Michiel Bustraan michiel.bustraan at astro.su.se
Thu Oct 6 06:29:19 EDT 2016

Dear all,

I was looking into the radiative capabilities of FLASH.

I've messed around with RadTrans a bit, which takes absorption into account, but also assumes blackbody radiation.

I noticed that the current FLASH userguide refers to a Cooling module which only contains stub level routines (the files themselves don't seem to do anything).

However, in a userguide for FLASH2.5, there is a more detailed description of the optically thin Cooling module.

Is FLASH still capable of modelling optically thin radiative losses?

Kind Regards,

Michiel Bustraan