[FLASH-USERS] Bring .cu files into object

Thomas Papatheodore tpapathe at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 14:29:54 EDT 2016

Hello all-

I've recently been porting some FLASH code to run on GPUs but I cannot
figure out how to bring in files with a .cu extension when building an
object directory with the setup script. Does anyone have advice on how to
do this? I know I can edit a Config file to bring in datafiles, but this is
not the way FLASH brings in other code files, so I want to avoid doing so.

My current method is to 1) compile .cu file manually to create a .o file,
and 2) compile the rest of the code using make. This works because I have
edited the Makefile within a specific physics directory so that the .o file
from step 1 above is properly linked at the end of the compile process.

Also, in order to add the rule to compile .cu files, I believe I will need
to alter the template for the "main" Makefile that gets generated at setup
time. Is this the Makefile.tpl within the bin/ directory? If not, does
anyone know which file I should edit to add the rule?

Thanks,
Tom

--
Tom Papatheodore