[FLASH-USERS] Two issues (PLUTO and Chombo)

David Melon Fuksman dmelonf at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 09:33:36 EDT 2016

Dear all,

I am beginning to use FLASH to do RHD simulations for my PhD in physics. I
would like to bring two questions regarding different subjects.

The first one is a little strange, about a file called Config in the
directory FLASH4.3/source/physics/Hydro/HydroMain/split/RHD. At the 3rd
line, it says "*# DWL: PLUTO would be  a better choice for doing
Relativistic Hydro than FLASH.*" Does anyone know the source of that line?
In any case, if that is so, I would be interested in knowing the reasons
for such a claim!

The second one is regarding the use of FLASH+Chombo. Has anyone tried using
Chombo and would like to tell me how did it go? Because I am having some
troubles compiling its libraries, and I think it is due to a problem in the
paths indicated in the makefiles that I'm not being able to fix. I
apologize for bringing this issue here, but I am getting no answer from the
Chombo developers, and maybe someone in this list had similar problems.

Thank you very much for your attention,

David Melon Fuksman
Sapienza Università di Roma