[FLASH-USERS] FLASH Capabilities

Ernesto Zurbriggen ernesto at mail.oac.uncor.edu
Mon Sep 19 14:22:55 EDT 2016

Hi all!
I can support what Jon said with respect to Marissa's first question.
I developed an implementation to add anisotropic thermal conduction to
flash. I took a shortcut and I explicitly added it inside the total
energy flux in the Hydro unit. It works well but its stability imposes
a strong constrain to the time-step.
An alternative way is to uncouple the heat conduction equation and the
Hydro. In this case one may use an implicit algorithm, for example
feed the HYPRE libraries in the Diffuse_solveScalar.F90 routine. This
last point isn't straightforward.

Best, Ernesto.