[FLASH-USERS] how to use parallel VisIt on Ubuntu?

Simon Don simondonxq at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 09:25:42 EDT 2016

Dear all:

I now get some result data of AMR. It is written by Fujitsu MPI in hdf5
format. I want to use VisIt to visualize it.

I downloaded the built executable
<https://wci.llnl.gov/simulation/computer-codes/visit/executables>s from
the visit homepage and installed it on my ubuntu computer. When I use it to
open hdf5 generated by one processor, it works well. We I open file
generated by MPI, the display is not right or sometimes I can't open the
file.

So my question is, now the executables of VisIt for ubuntu are without
mpi and can't support MPI? In order to get a parallel VisIt on
ubuntu, I need to install from the source code and build it by myself with
the certain MPI library options?

As I said, the MPI used for calculations is Fujitsu MPI, so I have to build
a parallel VisIt with Fujitsu MPi to open such a data file? Can i build a
parallel visit using other mpi like openmpi and open a data file generated
by Fujitsu mpi?

Anyone who is familiar with this? Thank you very much!!

Shimon