[FLASH-USERS] A minor bug in FieldLoop initialization

Suoqing Ji suoqing at physics.ucsb.edu
Fri Apr 21 03:57:24 EDT 2017

Hi,

I would like to report a very minor bug in magnetoHD/FieldLoop/Simulation_initBlock.F90: in line 253 and 273, the variable xCoord(i) and zCoord(k) should be replaced by xx and zz.

With current code, depending on platforms and ways of setup, the simulation has a certain possibility of hanging forever at initialization stage without any error output (sometimes it can run successfully). I encounter this issue when I use FieldLoop for performance tests on Stampede.

Thanks!

Best wishes,
—
Suoqing Ji