[FLASH-USERS] Paramesh error

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Tue Apr 25 13:06:55 EDT 2017

On Tue, 25 Apr 2017, Manuel Jung wrote:

> I seem to be affected by this error
> http://flash.uchicago.edu/pipermail/flash-users/2015-February/001637.html
> using gcc-5.3.0. The makefile addendum fix seems to work. Is there any news
> on a proper fix for this?

AFAIK, nobody has isolated which code in the file

 Grid/GridMain/paramesh/paramesh4/Paramesh4dev/PM4_package/mpi_source/mpi_amr_1blk_guardcell.F90

triggers the error, and under which conditions it occurs.
Help would be appreciated...

> Or is nobody using a somewhat more recent gcc compiler?

Not everyone using those GCC versions may be seeing these errors -
I don't know what additional conditions need to be satisfied in order for
the runtime errors to occur.