[FLASH-USERS] Particle property issue

Broxton Miles bjmiles at crimson.ua.edu
Wed Apr 26 18:28:19 EDT 2017

Hi everyone,

This may be something pretty trivial, but I think I just need some other
eyes to catch what I've done wrong.

I'm running some calculations with tracer particles. In my config file, I
have my particle properties defined like this:

PARTICLEPROP    dens            REAL
PARTICLEMAP     TO dens         FROM VARIABLE dens
PARTICLEPROP    temp            REAL
PARTICLEMAP     TO temp         FROM VARIABLE temp
PARTICLEPROP    pres            REAL
PARTICLEMAP     TO pres         FROM VARIABLE pres
PARTICLEPROP    c12             REAL
PARTICLEMAP     TO c12          FROM SPECIES c12
PARTICLEPROP    o16             REAL
PARTICLEMAP     TO o16          FROM SPECIES o16
PARTICLEPROP    si28            REAL
PARTICLEMAP     TO si28         FROM SPECIES si28
PARTICLEPROP    s32             REAL
PARTICLEMAP     TO s32          FROM SPECIES s32
PARTICLEPROP    ca40            REAL
PARTICLEMAP     TO ca40         FROM SPECIES ca40
PARTICLEPROP    ni56            REAL
PARTICLEMAP     TO ni56         FROM SPECIES ni56
PARTICLEPROP    SHK             REAL
PARTICLEMAP     TO SHK          FROM VARIABLE SHK
PARTICLEPROP    gamc            REAL
PARTICLEMAP     TO gamc         FROM VARIABLE gamc

and in my flash.par like this:
particle_attribute_1    = "dens"
particle_attribute_2    = "temp"
particle_attribute_3    = "pres"
particle_attribute_4    = "c12"
particle_attribute_5    = "o16"
particle_attribute_6    = "si28"
particle_attribute_7    = "s32"
particle_attribute_8    = "ca40"
particle_attribute_9    = "ni56"
particle_attribute_10   = "SHK"
particle_attribute_11   = "gamc"

When I pull the data out of the particles, everything is as it should be
except that it reports that gamc is -1 for every time step.

Like I said, it may just be something silly that I've done, but thanks for
the help.

Best,
Broxton Miles