[FLASH-USERS] courant factor

Ryan Farber rjfarber at umich.edu
Thu Apr 27 10:59:52 EDT 2017

Hi Riccardo,

In the directory you compiled the code (e.g., "object") try "ls -lh
*computeDt*"
That should show you all the possible timestep limitations (and note that
Driver_computeDt calls the other routines).

That may also help you understand why you need the cfl that low; diffusion
for example scales Delta_t as Delta_x**-2; I'm not sure about the
restrictions for some of the turbulence and other FLASH physics.

Best,
--------
Ryan