[FLASH-USERS] Error with particles

Francisco Holguin opaco at umich.edu
Mon Feb 20 14:32:03 EST 2017

Hi,

I am running a simulation that includes gas and particles, and uses the BH
Tree solver.

I am getting an error in the simulation after it runs for a bit.

" DRIVER_ABORT: src == gr_meshMe, and we still have unmatched neData, bad"

There is a previous email about this error from May 2016, but there is no
indication if the cause was found.
http://flash.uchicago.edu/pipermail/flash-users/2016-May/001946.html

The suggestion given then was to try to increase pt_maxPerProc.  In my
case, this does not fix the error, as the amount of particles are well
within the limit.

Another suggestion related to particle initial positions.  There are no
initial particles in my simulation, and it doesn't look like the are
created near the edge of the domain at the time the error occurs.

I would appreciate help with this,

Thanks!

Francisco (Paco) Holguin