[FLASH-USERS] Segfault while Initializing surr_blks

Scott Feister sfeister at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 01:53:27 EST 2017

Hi Joel,

Glad to hear you're starting to use FLASH! I'll add to what Klaus said (and
forgive me if this was obvious to you): After you installed versions of the
various dependencies, did you add the paths to each of these libraries into
a custom-tailored Makefile?

I usually make a folder "[FLASHSOURCE]/sites/scottlaptop" and put a custom
Makefile.h into that folder (in my case, I copy
.../sites/Prototypes/Linux/Makefile.h and edit the first few lines
pertaining to hypre, MPI, and hdf5). Then, I append the flag
"-site=scottlaptop" to my setup flag.

Scott

Scott Feister, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Researcher, Flash Center for Computational Science
University of Chicago, Department of Astronomy and Astrophysics