[FLASH-USERS] Particle Files & Visit

John Zuhone jzuhone at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 12:18:40 EST 2017

Hi Marissa,

IIRC support for FLASH _part_ files was never added to VisIt. You could try using Python and h5py to extract the particle positions to a text file and read them in that way (which I think would be Point3D).

The yt project has native support for FLASH _part_ files, by the way:

http://yt-project.org/docs/dev/examining/loading_data.html#flash-data

John