[FLASH-USERS] Non-conservation of mass during the simulation

Siyi Yu siyiyu at lbl.gov
Tue Jun 6 20:49:22 EDT 2017

Dear FLASHers,
During my run of the simulation, a non-conservation of mass is detected.
The boundary I impose now is "diode" (implemented in FLASH), and the other
qualities are "outflow". It seems that there are non-expected flows on the
boundary. One of my hypothesis is that these mathematical implementations
can cause extra flux exchange between guard cells themselves, or the flux
exchange between the cell surfaces and its centers, isn't it? Do anyone
have an idea?
Thank you very much!
Best regards
Siyi YU