[FLASH-USERS] Flash LaserSlab ionmix

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Mon Jun 26 11:47:57 EDT 2017

On Mon, 26 Jun 2017, stylianos.passalidis17 at imperial.ac.uk wrote:

> I am afraid that it does not work using .imx files.  In the par file I use the following parameters
> op_targFileType = "ionmix1"
> op_targFileName = "h-100grp-lte.imx"
>
> but then I get an abort. In particular in the log file I get
> DRIVER_ABORT: [op_readIonmixTables] ERROR: bad size of IONMIX energy group grid

This is telling you that the grid (and possibly the number) of energy
groups in the file doe not match your setup - it does not tell your that
that the file could not be read.

> Searching in the forum I found that FLASH uses only the .cn4 files, the other  .imx files are just provided for convenience (human readable output of the IONMIX code)

Maybe.

The files are text files, so you can easily see what's in them.

And the IONMIX4 format is documented, so you can write your own table
files.