[FLASH-USERS] Request Tutorial

Suoqing Ji suoqing at physics.ucsb.edu
Wed Mar 29 22:18:47 EDT 2017

Hi Siyi,

I apologize in advance if I were a bit off-topic: I have no experience of using xflash3, but personally I would like to recommend yt, which is a python-based tool: http://yt-project.org <http://yt-project.org/>

For example, you can do the following to make a slice plot of your data:

import yt
ds = yt.load('sod_hdf5_plt_cnt_0000')
slc = yt.SlicePlot(ds, 'z', 'density')
slc.save()

You can find more plotting examples here: http://yt-project.org/docs/dev/visualizing/plots.html <http://yt-project.org/docs/dev/visualizing/plots.html>

Also as you mentioned, VisIt is a nice tool, too.

Best wishes,
—
Suoqing JI
Ph.D Candidate