[FLASH-USERS] Helmhotlz EOS question

Dean Townsley Dean.M.Townsley at ua.edu
Wed May 3 22:44:58 EDT 2017

Hi Malia,

Usually this indicates that your abundances have gotten corrupted in
some way.  There are various ways that this can happen, depending on
what kind of simulation you are running.

If you are using the built-in nuclear networks, NaNs are not capture
quite properly.  I have a patch for that if that is what you are using
(attached).  If you aren't using the nuclear networks, then the problem
is likely somewhere else.

Hopefully that helps some.  If you say a bit more about your simulation
someone might be able to make a better guess at what might be going on.
There are lots of problems that can manifest this way.

Dean