[FLASH-USERS] How to make a crude galaxy

Carl Marlow cjm0043 at uah.edu
Wed May 24 00:38:19 EDT 2017

Hello users,

I'm very new to FLASH and have been messing around with some of the example
setup problems like the Sedov explosion.  I have been able to compile and
run the simulation just fine.  I thought that I could learn a lot by
looking into the files that pertain to that particular simulation, trying
to see what each of the parameters do, and how each of the subroutines
work.  My research will be focusing on galaxy clusters, so with that said I
wanted to get my feet wet by trying to make a crude model of a galaxy.

I want to make a sphere that has high density in the center and has a lower
density at its edge.  Can anyone point me to some literature that might
help me get this started?  I have been messing with this for a few days and
have nothing really to show for it.

Thanks,

Carl