[FLASH-USERS] ensuring div B = 0 when adjusting evolution

Jason Galyardt jason.galyardt at gmail.com
Fri May 26 16:51:30 EDT 2017

Hi Jon,

Have you tried refining on magx, magy, and magz, in addition to dens? I
have found this useful in the past for maintaining stability in MHD runs.
Other parameter values I have found useful for MHD runs are below.

Regards,
Jason

refine_var_1    = "dens"
refine_var_2    = "magx"
refine_var_3    = "magy"
refine_var_4    = "magz"

eosModeInit = "dens_pres"
eosMode = "dens_pres"

slopeLimiter    = "hybrid"   # Slope limiters (minmod, mc, vanLeer [D],
hybrid, limited)
charLimiting    = .true. # Characteristic limiting vs. Primitive limiting

use_flattening    = .true. # use flattening (dissipative) (originally for
PPM)
use_cma_flattening = .true. # use flattening on mass fractions (originally
for PPM)
use_cma_advection = .true.

#       II. MAGNETIC(B) AND ELECTRIC(E) FIELDS:
E_modification  = .true.           # High order algorithm for E-field
construction
energyFix       = .true.           # Update magnetic energy using staggered
B-fields
prolMethod      = "BALSARA_PROL" # Prolongation method (injecton_prol,
balsara_prol)

#    III. RIEMANN SOLVERS:
RiemannSolver    = "HLLD"

----