[FLASH-USERS] Setting up Flash

Cory Cotter cjcotter2 at wisc.edu
Mon Oct 9 18:17:47 EDT 2017

Hi Dinesh,

I am also a new user to FLASH and just set it up on my computer as well.
The problem is that HDF5 recently changed their API and it is not backwards
compatible. In order to get FLASH to work, I had to download HDF5 version
1.8 instead of 1.10. Then add the path of my downloaded version's '/usr'
directory to my Makefile.h. Last, I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to be the path to
my downloaded version's '/usr/lib/' directory.

Best,
Cory