[FLASH-USERS] first model: hdf5 error

Peter Woitke pw31 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Tue Oct 10 10:33:19 EDT 2017

Hi there,

I just downloaded and compiled mpich, hdf5 and flash, and I am getting run-time
error ...

HDF5-DIAG: Error detected in HDF5 (1.10.1) MPI-process 0:
   #000: H5Ddeprec.c line 128 in H5Dcreate1(): not a location ID
     major: Invalid arguments to routine
     minor: Inappropriate type
   #001: H5Gloc.c line 251 in H5G_loc(): invalid object ID
     major: Invalid arguments to routine
     minor: Bad value
flash4: io_h5create_dataset.c:57: io_h5create_dataset: Assertion `dataset
> = 0'

I have tested my mpich and hdf5 installations and they have passed all tests. I
am listing my installation commands below. Maybe "enable-parallel" is not a
good idea? My runSedov directory has
ugo+rw permissions.

I read in another FLASH-USER entry that one should try

> ./setup -auto Sedov +ug

This results in another run-time error ...

[Driver_init] Must set runtime parameters iProcs, jProcs, kProcs, and
meshCopyCount so that iProcs*jProcs*kProcs*meshCopyCount equals number of
processors
Calling MPI_Abort() for immediate shutdown!

Thank you for your help,

   Peter Woitke

> cd ~/software/hdf5-1.10.1
> setenv CC  mpicc
> setenv CXX mpicxx
> setenv FC  mpif90
> ./configure --help
> ./configure --prefix=/home/star/pw31/software/hdf5
               --enable-fortran --enable-parallel
> make
> make check
> make install
> make check-install
add /home/star/pw31/software/hdf5/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> cd ~/flash4.4/sites
> mkdir prodimo
> cp Prototypes/Linux/Makefile.h.intel prodimo/Makefile.h
> cd prodimo
> emacs Makefile.h ...
> cd ~/flash4.4
> ./setup -auto Sedov cd object
> make
SUCCESS
> mkdir ../runSedov
> cd ../runSedov
> cp ../source/Simulation/SimulationMain/SedovChamber/flash.par .
> mpirun -np 7 ../object/flash4

Dr. Peter Woitke
St Andrews University
School of Physics & Astronomy