[FLASH-USERS] Fatal error in MPI_Address

Klaus Weide klaus at flash.uchicago.edu
Wed Oct 11 14:44:45 EDT 2017

On Wed, 11 Oct 2017, Dinesh Kandel wrote:

> Thank you Klaus. I made changes you suggested. However, I am getting error
> with one of the changes you suggested. I tried with/without changing
> MPI_TYPE_STRUCT
> to MPI_TYPE_CREATE_STRUCT, but both seem to give the same error. Do you
> have any idea why this is so?

Did you change the declaration of the 'offsets' array, but only it, to
integer(kind=MPI_ADDRESS_KIND) ? In place of the original line

  integer :: count, blockcounts(4), offsets(5), oldtypes(4), acctSegMpiType

you should now have two lines like this:

  integer :: count, blockcounts(4), oldtypes(4), acctSegMpiType
  integer(kind=MPI_ADDRESS_KIND) :: offsets(5)

If that is what you did, it SHOULD work... (It does for me, though I did
not have a problem with the original version either, given the library
versions with which I was testing.)

If it doesn't, it may indicate a problem with different MPI versions
existing on your system, which hcould also be a cause for the other
problem that you reported.