[FLASH-USERS] PoisTest crash during compilation

Ryan Farber rjfarber at umich.edu
Fri Oct 20 15:16:53 EDT 2017

Hi FLASH-users,

I am trying to perform the "PoisTest" test problem that comes with
FLASH4.2.2 to test Poisson solvers.

I used the following setup command:
./setup PoisTest -auto -3d

Compilation crashed with the following error message:

io_h5_report_xfer_method.c:89:26: error: 'H5D_MPIO_SET_MPIPOSIX' undeclared
(first use in this function)
       if (global_cause & H5D_MPIO_SET_MPIPOSIX) {
                          ^
io_h5_report_xfer_method.c:89:26: note: each undeclared identifier is
reported only once for each function it appears in
io_h5_report_xfer_method.c:95:26: error: 'H5D_MPIO_POINT_SELECTIONS'
undeclared (first use in this function)
       if (global_cause & H5D_MPIO_POINT_SELECTIONS) {

I have commented out those lines from the file, which allows compilation to
succeed but I am curious: does anyone know if that is an okay workaround?
Where are those variables supposed to be defined?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best,
--------
Ryan Farber