[FLASH-USERS] About the laser deposition energy of periodic boundary simulation

Kazuki Matsuo matsuo-k at ile.osaka-u.ac.jp
Tue Apr 3 23:39:40 EDT 2018

Dear FLASH users,

I'm working on periodic boundary simulation of laser-generated plasma.
I use a periodic boundary at y-direction.
The "laser diameter" and "target length" and "calculation size of
y-direction" are set to the same length.

I use  "uniform" laser function, so laser deposition energy should be same
on the target surface.
But near the y-boundary laser deposition energy rapidly decrease and become
zero at y-boundary.

If you know how to set up the uniform laser deposition energy on the target
surface in the periodic boundary, please share your knowledge.

Kind regards,

Summary of my setup
-----
geom
--laser setup--

ed_targetSemiAxisMajor_1      =  75.0e-04

ed_targetSemiAxisMinor_1      =  75.0e-04

ed_crossSectionFunctionType_1 =  "uniform"

-- target --

Length = 150.0e-04

-- calculation box --

geometry = "cartesian"

xmin = -400.0e-04

xmax = 200.0e-04

ymin = -75.0e-04

ymax = 75.0e-04

xl_boundary_type = "outflow"

xr_boundary_type = "outflow"

yl_boundary_type = "periodic"

yr_boundary_type = "periodic"

zl_boundary_type = "outflow"

zr_boundary_type = "outflow"
-----

--

------

Kazuki Matsuo

Institute of Laser Engineering Osaka University

2-6 Yamada-oka, Suita, Osaka, 565-0871, Japan

Webpage:   http://lf-lab.net

Facebook:   https://www.facebook.com/kazuki.matsuo.102
<https://www.facebook.com/kazuki.matsuo.102>

E-mail:   matsuo-k at ile.osaka-u.ac.jp <matsuo-k at ile.osaka-u.ac.jp?src=inbox>