[FLASH-USERS] DENS_VAR in 2D Cartesian Geometry

Sean M. Couch couch at pa.msu.edu
Fri Apr 6 21:39:38 EDT 2018

Hi Kevin,

DENS_VAR is indeed volumetric, with units of g/cc. So in 2D Cartesian, FLASH assumes a “thickness” in the third dimension of 1. See `Grid_getSingleCellVol.F90`.

Sean

Sean M. Couch

Assistant Professor

Department of Physics and Astronomy

Department of Computational Mathematics, Science, and Engineering

National Superconducting Cyclotron Laboratory/Facility for Rare Isotope Beams

Michigan State University

567 Wilson Rd, 3250 BPS

East Lansing, MI 48824

(517) 884-5035 —— couch at pa.msu.edu<mailto:couch at pa.msu.edu> —— www.pa.msu.edu/~couch<http://www.pa.msu.edu/~couch>