[FLASH-USERS] Magnetic Fields

John ZuHone jzuhone at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 15:49:08 EDT 2018

Hi Malia,

The reference to these as “per volume” fields is a directive to the code more than anything else so it knows how to handle these fields when doing things on the mesh like restricting and prolonging to different refinement levels, filling guardcells, etc. It doesn’t mean that the variables themselves have units of gauss per grid volume, and they do not.

So if you set UnitSystem=“cgs” that means that the units of those fields should be gauss, and the units of the “magp” variable are erg/cm**3.

Best,

John